Wings for Life World Run
WHAT IS THE WINGS FOR LIFE WORLD RUN?
The Wings for Life World Run is an annual global charity run that takes place this year on May 9, 2021. The race is built around a unique format that allows all participants across the globe to run together simultaneously and virtually via App teams.
The run is designed for participants to run as long as they can with no predetermined finish line. How does this work? 30 minutes after the race begins, a virtual Catcher Car starts moving and chasing participants. It gradually picks up speed and catches one participant after another until the winner is left standing alone. For those caught by the Catcher Car the race is then successfully completed. In 2020 the global winner was able to run a total of 43.4 miles in 4 hours and 12 minutes before getting caught. Check out the highlights from the Wings for Life World Run 2020 HERE.
Registration for the eighth edition of the Wings for Life World Run - including the Texas-based App Run - is now open at wingsforlifeworldrun.com. The first 10,000 registered participants will receive an official Wings for Life World Run shirt. Additionally, 100% of all entry fees and donations will go to fund spinal cord injury research via the Wings for Life Foundation.
Not running this year? Support the Hardloop Endurance Team by donating below:
HOW TO JOIN THE WINGS FOR LIFE APP RUN
1. Download the Wings for Life World Run App to your phone and register for the race on May 9th, 2021. The app connects you to runners all around the globe.
2. Select the option to join the Hardloop Endurance team.
3. Share your goal and get fundraising while you train. Need a training plan or help deciding your goal distance? Email
4. Get running! The race will start at the same time for everyone around the globe. Your App will update you on how far you are ahead of the Chaser Car and notify you when you are eventually caught.
5. Cool down. Upon completion, your results will be posted on the Global Result List.
ABOUT THE WINGS FOR LIFE FOUNDATION:
The Wings for Life Foundation is a not-profit spinal cord research foundation with the single mission to find the cure for spinal cord injury. Since 2004, Wings for Life has funded life-changing research projects and clinical trials around the globe.
While the cure is still to be found, steady progress has been made. One hundred percent of donations will help work toward Wings for Life’s ultimate goal.
For more information, please visit https://www.wingsforlife.com/us/